Erasure with Stripe
Due to financial regulatory obligations such as Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Anti Money Laundering (“AML”), Stripe retains most cardholder data and therefore provides limited erasure capabilities. Read more in Stripe's GDPR post and GDPR Article 17.3(b).
Legal disclaimer: This does not constitute legal advice and we recommend you speak with a qualified attorney to decide what data should be included or excluded from a DSR with Stripe.
- Log in to your Stripe account
- Go to Developers → API keys (or click here)
- Click ＋Create restricted key
- Give your key a name (e.g. "Transcend")
- Select the following settings:
- Charges: Read Only
- Customers: Read and write
- Sources: Read only
- Orders: Read only
- Invoices: Read only
- Subscriptions: Read only
- Click Create key. You may need to re-enter your password.
- On your newly created key, click Reveal key and copy the value
- In Transcend, go to your Data Map
- Click Add data silo and select Stripe
- Enter your API key from step 7 and click Connect.