Personal Data is any information relating to an identifiable natural person (or data subject). An identifiable natural person can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
That's a pretty broad definition. We think examples may help (not an exhaustive list):
- Contact info, like card information from a CRM including name, email, phone, etc.
- Telephony data, like call recordings, text messages, etc.
- Support tickets and requests.
- Survey responses
- Applicant data, like resumes, cover letters, etc.
- Custom audience lists
- Financial information, like credit card number, credit score, transaction history, etc.
- References to customers in internal tools (e.g. spreadsheet data, slack messages mentioning a user)